The machine runs and runs, but the control software is out of date? A common problem. The widely used SIMATIC S5 controller has not been developed further since 2005. Although the hardware is still relatively modern, this shortcoming results in increasing constraints on the software side.
Fortunately, even older systems can be converted to the latest S7 controller. erler performs this retrofit in a very short time, thus reducing the necessary downtime to an absolute minimum.
Afterwards, new options will be available to enable you to make your production system fit for the future.
We retrofit your machine shop with state-of-the-art control technology. The fully operational mechanical components of your existing machine are linked up to new automation solutions.
Compared to the purchase of new equipment, retrofitting offers numerous advantages:
- Increased machine service life
- Reduction of downtime
- Spare parts are available for new control system components
- Lower production costs through improved energy efficiency, productivity and quality
- Fulfillment of current statutory requirements and the Machinery Directive
- Recording of process and machine data for your Industry 4.0 application